Covid safety in our escape rooms
Ensuring Covid safety
The safety of our customers and staff is extremely important to us.
Escape rooms have been required by law to be closed since 30 December 2020. Current regulations will allow us to reopen on 17 May 2021. Our booking system is open for bookings here.
With concerns around Covid-19 uppermost in everyone’s minds, we have made changes to our operations in order to reduce the spread of the virus and we have set those changes out below.
By law, you must wear a face covering in all escape rooms from 8 August 2020. This applies from the moment you enter the building until the time you leave.
It is expected that the following rules on groups will apply and these MUST be complied with:
From 17 May 2021 the Rule of Six will apply.
From 21 June 2021 there will be no Government restrictions on group sizes.
Please read the information below prior to your visit.
Our aim is for everyone playing our room escape games to be safe and to have a great time.
We are members of the UK Hospitality trade association and meet their Covid safety standards. We have also been accredited by Visit England and The AA as meeting their safety standards too.
We look forward to hosting your escape room experience.
Changes we have made
We have made a number of changes to the way we operate in order to maintain Covid safety. They include:
– Cutting the number of available time slots per day by up to 75% to reduce the number of visitors to our site.
– Staggering start times for our games to ensure that there is only one group in the reception area at a time.
– Significantly longer time intervals between games so that we can carry out thorough cleaning between games. Every lock, handle, prop and common touch points will be cleaned or replaced between games.
– Individual members of staff will be at least 2 metres from your team at all times, and they operate from separate control rooms around the building to maintain social distancing.
– Hand sanitiser is available throughout our premises.
How we need you to help
The law requires all players to wear face coverings in an escape room.
Face coverings must be worn from the moment you enter the building until the time you leave.
We are required to collect contact details for EVERY person that enters our building. This is a condition of your booking.
We need your help to maintain our Covid safety measures. Most importantly,
Do not enter our building if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
If you think any of your team has Covid-19 then contact us before your game and we will do our best to re-schedule a new date.
The rule of 6 applies from 17 May 2021.
When you visit us, you must:
– arrive at the exact time of your booking. If you arrive early we won’t be able to let you in. If you arrive late you won’t be able to play. This is so we can maintain only one group in our reception area at a time.
– not bring gloves to wear. We cannot check the sterility of your gloves and therefore we cannot let you play while wearing them.
– properly wash and sterilise your hands before playing your game using our hand washing and sanitising facilities.
– make sure you have been to the loo before you set off.
During this period we have relaxed our rescheduling and cancellation policy.
If any of your team has symptoms of Coronavirus then you MUST NOT come to our premises. Contact us in advance by phone or email and we will reschedule your game. No refunds will be given.
This does work both ways however. If any member of our staff is showing symptoms of the virus, or is required to self isolate, they will not be allowed to come to work. We will do everything that we can to find cover for that member of staff, but in the unlikely event that we are unable to find cover, we may have to reschedule your game at very short notice. We appreciate your understanding while we operate in these unusual times.