Covid safety in our escape rooms
Ensuring Covid safety
The safety of our customers and staff is extremely important to us.
With concerns around Covid-19 uppermost in everyone’s minds, we have made changes to our operations in order to reduce the spread of the virus and we have set those changes out below.
Our staff will continue to wear face masks and our preference is that you do too, although it is no longer a requirement.
From 19 July 2021 restrictions on group sizes have been removed, but we will still continue to stagger start times and ensure that there is only one group in our reception area at a time.
Please read the information below prior to your visit.
Our aim is for everyone playing our room escape games to be safe and to have a great time.
We are members of the UK Hospitality trade association and meet their Covid safety standards. We have also been accredited by Visit England and The AA as meeting their Covid safety standards too.
We look forward to hosting your escape room experience.
Changes we have made
We have made a number of changes to the way we operate in order to maintain Covid safety. They include:
– Cutting the number of available time slots per day to reduce the number of visitors to our site.
– Staggering start times for our games to ensure that there is only one group in the reception area at a time.
– Significantly longer time intervals between games so that we can carry out cleaning between games.
– Individual members of staff will be at least 2 metres from your team at all times, and they operate from separate control rooms around the building to maintain social distancing.
– Hand sanitiser is available throughout our premises.
How we need you to help
Our preference is for players to wear face coverings, but this is no longer a legal requirement.
We need your help to maintain our Covid safety measures. Most importantly,
Do not enter our building if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
If you think any of your team has Covid-19 then contact us before your game and we will do our best to re-schedule a new date.
When you visit us, you must:
– arrive at the exact time of your booking. If you arrive early we won’t be able to let you in. If you arrive late you won’t be able to play. This is so we can maintain only one group in our reception area at a time.
– sanitise your hands before playing your game using our hand washing and sanitising facilities.
– make sure you have been to the loo before you set off.
During this period we have relaxed our rescheduling and cancellation policy.
If any of your team has symptoms of Coronavirus then you MUST NOT come to our premises. Contact us in advance by phone or email and we will reschedule your game. No refunds will be given.
This does work both ways however. If any member of our staff is showing symptoms of the virus, or is required to self isolate, they will not be allowed to come to work. We will do everything that we can to find cover for that member of staff, but in the unlikely event that we are unable to find cover, we may have to reschedule your game at very short notice. We appreciate your understanding while we operate in these unusual times.